A.B. (Physics) Princeton University
* Practicing through a Law Corporation
News & Recognition
Bruce Green practices in all areas of intellectual property law and litigation and appears regularly in the Federal Court of Canada, Federal Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of British Columbia and the B.C. Court of Appeal in intellectual property causes. His patent practice is primarily in the software, computer, electrical, business methods and mechanical areas.
Bruce has represented clients in obtaining relief for and defending patent, trademark and copyright infringement in numerous cases involving a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, consumer and hardware goods, mining and oilfield machinery, recreational products, clothing and footwear, transportation and housing, construction, real estate development, architecture, music and software.
Bruce has been an adjunct professor at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia from 1986 to 2008, lecturing on the subject of copyright. Bruce received the Performing Rights Organization of Canada Copyright Award for the best learned paper on the law of copyright and was a co-recipient of the J. Edward Maybee prize for highest results on the patent agents’ examinations.
- Successfully appealed a decision of the Registrar of Trade-marks, Opposition Board.
- Represents the Government of British Columbia before the Copyright Board.
- Successfully defended a patent infringement trial involving oilfield technology.
- Prevailed in a summary judgment application in a patent infringement claim involving mining technology.
- Obtained injunctive relief against infringement of a well-known trademark in the beverage industry.
- Obtained injunctive relief for trademark infringement in a sporting goods case.
- Prevailed at the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal in a patent infringement case involving recreational equipment.
- Obtained and enforced Anton Piller orders in a trade secrets case.
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) (Fellow)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Former chairman of the CBA-BC Branch computer law subsection
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
Bruce has published numerous papers on intellectual property law and litigation, including:
- “Protection of Musical Performers’ Rights in their Performances” CPR (2d)
- “The Empire Strikes back: Criminal Remedies for Video Piracy” (1984) 1 IPJ 1
- Copyright section of the CLE of BC Annual Review of Law and Practice 192-2009
- Intellectual Property section of the CLE of BC Due Diligence Deskbook 2005-2016
- “Copyright Litigation” BC- CLE
- “Intellectual Property License Agreements” Canadian Institute June 2003.
PATSKI WHISTLER 2017
March 5, 2017
Bruce was an adjunct professor at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia, where he lectured on copyright law from 1986 to 2008 and has been recognized for presenting more than 30 events for Continuing Legal Education Society of BC over the past 20 years.